...start of something new

Last Saturday, after the kobudo lesson, my sensei asked me if I wanted to try out tai chi. I was a bit unsure at first, but since I didn't have anything else to do at that moment and I was a bit interested in it, I decided to give it a go. There didn't seem to be a lot of people interested in tai chi, so there were only 2 other people besides me, including our sensei. Thanks to that, it was a really peaceful atmosphere (though tai chi relaxing motions helped with that too). Weirdly enough, after one lesson, I was hooked. I think I'm way easy to become addicted to something.

Today was my second day in tai chi. It was my first time taking a bus through the city during a rush-hour. I thought I would have enough time if I started 1 hour before the start of the practice as always, but boy was I wrong. Instead of me arriving earlier then everyone, I barely made it in time, because I rushed as soon as I got off the bus.

I guess there really aren't a lot of people who like to do tai chi in our club. As I got to the dojo, there was only my sensei in there. The lesson turned out pretty great though, I finished learning the first weaponless form and after that, I learned a part of a form that used a sword. Since I didn't have a jian (we start with wooden ones though), my sensei gave me a jo and made me use that instead of the jian. The sword form had a lot of low stances that would make my knees hurt a bit, but not as much as the stances in kobudo first made me feel like when I first started with that. I guess my knee-muscles (or the muscles around it, whatever) have gotten a bit stronger.

0 comments:

Newer Post Home